Partridge India Author| Dr. Anil Patil, Yoga: For Health and Disease
Partridge introduces Dr. Anil Patil, author of Yoga: For Health and Disease.
In this small book I offer very humbly my heartfelt gratitude to this ancient tradition. The book, Yoga- For Health and Disease, is meant for all and one who would be able to understand in a nutshell almost everything about ashtanga yoga. I wanted to reach out to the common man about the benefits and importance of Yoga and so I wrote a book which consists of the brief history, principles and actual contents of various activities done in Yoga while at the same time enlightening the people about the esoteric part of yoga. It is said that thoughts maketh man’s life. Hence – If one harbours happy thoughts he or she can reach the status of self-attainment.
I believe that to sustain happiness one should think of doing ashtanga yoga on a regular basis. In this world filled with worries and stress one should not only practice Pranayam but also chant Mantras. And we should make the most ofthese. These have not only given us the key to health buthave also taught us the art of living. It is said that withYoga one can go beyond the vicious cycle of birth anddeath, get extreme happiness and make life meaningful.
Who is the author “behind” the book?
I’m a multifaceted persona, a mystic, singer musician, sketch artist,a doctor by profession – MBBS, MD, FRSTM&H(Lon.),a Pioneer of two innovative therapies – Hypno-Music therapy and Holistic and Integrated Medicine(HIM), a prolific writercontributing in the form of articles for magazines, newspapers (for eg. Bombay Times, Times of India, Indian express, Mid day and various Marathi papers like Loksatta, Maharashtra times, Sakal Papers &Lokmat) and in books – like Johnson’s Baby Mother’s Guide, authored a series of six books in Marathi language called “AarogyaVed”:
- Viz Rogmukti sathi Yog (Yoga-A Cure for All Diseases),
- Sanyukta Upchar Paddhati (Holistic and Integrated Medicine),
- Zunja Mankyanchya Dhukhanyanshi (A struggle with Spinal Disorders),
- Ladha Sandhivat Aamvatashi (Fight with Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis),
- Reiki – Ek Vardan (Reiki – A Boon),
- Vandhyatva ani Santatiprapti (Infertility and Childbearing Disorders).
I’m a recipient of various awards at the National and International levels like:
- MD with Gold Medal For outstanding work in “Hypno Music Therapy” Medicine by Alternative Institute Alma Ata Formers USSR & Open International University, Sri lankain November 1993,
- President of International Holistic Healers Association since 1993
- Member of Saudi Society of family and community medicine, Saudi Arabia since 1995.
- Indira Gandhi Sadbhavna Award 2007 for outstanding individual achievement
- Pride of Nation- Pratlbha Sanman Award 2007, Courtesy the Human Resources Development Academy
- All Maharashtra Reporters & News Writers Association: National Integration Fellowship Award 2007
- Rashtriya Swasthya Sanman Puruskar 2007 by Indian Economic Development & Research Association
- National Health Care Excellence Awards 2007 by Indian Economic Development & Research Association
- Seva Ratan Puruskar 2008 from Vyas Creations
- International Gold Star Millennium Award 2007- Meritorious Achievement in diverse fields of activities that immensely contributed to the Nation’s Progress.
- Member of Indian Association of preventive and social medicine, Maharashtra chapter 1992 and
- Epidemiology and public health initiative Mumbai since 1997
- K. Excellence Award 2012 for “Excellence in Holistic and integrated Medicine” – By R.K. HIV AIDS Research and Care Center.
- Ayurved Chintamani Puraskar 2013 for his contribution and special work in Ayurveda field. In National Seminar on Ayurveda and Herbo-mineral medicine.
- Ayurved Seva Ratna 2013 from Arogyadham & Ayurvarta – Thane
- Chikista Gaurav Purskar 2014 for his contribution in Health care & Wellness
- Asia Pacific international Gold Star Award 2014
- Felicitated for my work in Ayurveda & Integrated Treatments in International Ayurveda Congress, Netherland 2015.
Partridge India will return with Dr. Anil Patil in Part 2.